Gastric Sleeve is is a procedure that removes 75-80% of the stomach using minimally invasive surgical techniques. It’s advised for people who have tried other weight loss methods without long-term success.
How does the Gastric Sleeve surgery work?
- There is a reduction in stomach volume, causing people to feel full much quicker after the surgery
- Hormonal changes such as reduced secretion of hunger hormones cause people to feel less hungry
- Increased stomach motility, which allows food to pass stomach and intestine quicker after surgery
- Weight loss occurs over 18 months.
- Technically, the Gastric Sleeve is a much simpler surgery. The operating time for gastric sleeve is usually 40-70 minutes
- Most patients go home the day after surgery.